Monday 13 February 2012

Textured Tag

 I came across a challenge on the 'Stamp Man Challenge' site for a project with texture. I love adding texture to my work - my resources are still quite basic but out came the embossing powders, acrylic paint, acetate, beads, stamps, distress inks (of course!) and kitchen roll. Kitchen roll? Yes, it's there on my tag for all to see and I just hope it's not so obvious and takes at least a short while for you to spot! I'm going to enter the tag - may as well have a go - everyone tells me to!
Tag with some of the elements I love - the colour reproduction is slightly off as the green (peeled paint) really jumps out at you if you see the tag.
Die cut book plate with die cut flowers.
Debossed side of the paper with some extra embossing powder, embossed acetate coloured with gold acrylic ( I only have three colours -sad but true!).

After cutting, the book plate was coloured with distressed, stamped with green ink and then embossed with UTC. I popped two little gold gems in each of the book plate holes.

Close up view to show the embossed, painted acetate.

Die cut flowers which have been coloured with distressed ink, embossed with gold and true white. Beads have been added in the centre for texture and they haven't escaped the embossing powder either! My leaves are made from kitchen towel which I'd cleaned up with - couldn't waste all that lovely ink and acrylic!
I

8 comments:

  1. love this tag Julia!! love that CB folder :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only goes to show that basic resources are all you need with great talent. Super tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for the comments in my blog.... I WILL eventually stop pointing out where i went wrong. It is just a habit i've got into due to the husband always making me and everything i did simply just wasn't good enough (hence the upcoming divorce) ... Thanks for all your support . :)

    Take care

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous, so much texture!! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Stamp Man.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous tag, I can see your of acetate in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Julia a FAB tag :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you won!This is beautiful!!!! What a great tag and what a way to use up the kitchen towel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax