Good morning everyone. I'm back for another spotlight post over at Our Creative Corner. This spotlight uses images from Nicecrane Designs. I can't show you the whole project so here's a sneak peek:
Our Creative Corner and see the full project. Thanks for looking! Back on Sunday with a new post.
Tuesday, 1 July 2014
Good morning all. Today sees a new challenge begin at Our Creative Corner. The lovely and hugely talented Astrid is our host this month and here's what she has to say about her challenge:
'Making flowers can be a labour of love, but the satisfaction of adding some homemade flowers to your project, outweighs the effort it might take. Combining your flowers with some hand dyed ribbon, makes your project even more special. So for this challenge we would like you to create with homemade flowers and hand dyed ribbon. You can make whatever you like, be it card, tag or an altered object. All we ask is that you embellish it with your own flowers and ribbon. There are many tutorials for making flowers to be found all over the internet, so we hope you'll have fun with this challenge!'
We are very honoured to have Nicecrane Designs as the sponsor for our randomly drawn prize this month.
|Wonderful Digital Stamps and versatile Collage Sheets|
Here's what I've made for Astrid's wonderful challenge. I hope you like it:
|Unashamedly girly with flowers and gorgeous pink plus a little grunge of course!|
|The stamped black image didn't quite reach to the edges of the die cut cabinet card so some tissue tape was added and coloured to match the main background shade. A Krylon pen was used to the edge the cabinet card.|
|A stencil and some versamark was used with EP to add detail onto the tissue tape.|
|Rusty wire is used as a hanger and was attached on each side to die cut topper. The long ends were curled around a paintbrush handle.|
|You can't see it in this photograph but the embossed areas were given a light coat of DecoArt Media Interference Paint in turquoise. when it catches the light it just gleams.|
|The bottom edge of the hanging was finished with another die cut piece which was finished in the same manner as the one described above. Another piece of my hand dyed ribbon was used here to attach the die cut to the hanging.|
Hope you liked this project. It's always fun to make your own flowers and there's no limit to how many you make, what you make them out of or where you use them!
So, it's your turn now to get making those flowers and hand dyed ribbon and use them on a project which you can link up over at Our Creative Corner. Can't wait to see what you come up with!