Monday 31 August 2015

Celebration at ABAC. . . . . .

The very first challenge blog which gave me a DT position was the hugely creative Anything But A Card and I still have a very soft spot for them. When Susan asked me if I would contribute to their final challenge post, there was no way I could let her down! Most good things come to an end at some time or another and that's where ABAC now find themselves. I'm sure all the wonderfully talented DT will move onto pastures new. 

The theme for their final challenge is Celebration. I went for a favourite thing I like to make - a tag! I always enjoyed the freedom ABAC allows its' designers for their projects so decided to edge slightly towards the darker side with a skull even though it's not Halloween! I cut the tag from an existing Gelli Plate print and here's how it ended up:

A Gelli plate print is altered with DecoArt media fluid acrylic, Inktense pencils and a little machine stitching. Here's how the print looked originally: 

Several stencils were used to create the image along with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic in Cerulean Blue. 

The whole tag was given a coat of Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide (DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic). You can see in this image how it changes the blue gelli print

Sections of the print are embellished with a black Inktense pencil. Shading and line extension can also be seen. 

A teal green Inktense pencil is added to various sections of the print to alter the original blue print. 

On the left, a stencil and pencil is used to create square shapes. Black machine stitching can be seen on top of the pencil - just!! 

Black rub-on letters are used for the wording. Love how the stencils create shapes within shapes. 





I hope you like my rather quirky Celebration tag! Make sure you pop over to Anything But A Card to see the wonderful creations from members of the DT. Susan: thanks for asking me and for running such a fab challenge blog! 

3 comments:

  1. Really cool, and so many layers! LOVE the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cool Julia!! I would love that gelli print- I have never seen one as nice!
    You really made a gorgeous tag for ABAC's last farewell! Thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear about ABAC - used to play there a lot, but time, time, time - but how lovely that you shared a farewell piece, and what a great tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax